Skip to main navigationSkip to News Headlines
NJ Division of Consumer Affairs
Global Navigation
Division of Consumer Affairs
The State of New Jersey Office of The Attorney General (Dept. of Law & Public Safety) The State of New Jersey NJ Home Services A to Z Departments/Agencies OAG Frequently Asked Questions
OAG Home
OAG Contact
Division of Consumer Affairs Alerts and Recalls
Division of Consumer Affairs Alerts and Recalls
Office of the Attorney General Homepage Division of Consumer Affairs, Director
Division of Consumer Affairs, Director
Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control
Division of Consumer Affairs
Division of Consumer Affairs Highlights
Division of Consumer Affairs Topics in a A-Z List Format
Office of Consumer Protection (OCP)
New Jersey Bureau of Securities
Office of Weights and Measures
Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Professions and Occupations List
Contact the Division of Consumer Affairs
Division of Consumer Affairs in Spanish
Division of Criminal Justice
Division on Civil Rights
Division of Gaming Enforcement
Division of Highway Traffic Safety
Division of Law
Juvenile Justice Commission
NJ Racing Commission
State Athletic Control Board
Division of NJ State Police
Victims of Crime Compensation Office
Subscribe to Buyer Beware Alerts
OPRA - Open Public Records Act
Download Free PDF Reader

Hearing Aid Dispensers Examining Committee
Frequently Asked Questions





1. What are the requirements to sit for the licensing examination?
One for your individual license and, if you are the owner, one for your premises.


2. Do I need to notify the Committee if I change my sponsor?
Every two years upon expiration of your license. All electrology licenses have the same expiration date.


3. When are the licensing examinations given?
The licensing examinations are given twice a year in March and September.


4. What happens if I fail part of the examination?
You are allowed to retake the part of the examination you failed only one time. If you fail again you must take the whole licensing examination over again.


5. How many continuing education hours do I need every biennial renewal?
You must obtain 20 continuing education hours within the previous two years.


6.Does the Committee offer licensees the opportunity to obtain inactive license status?
. You can request inactive status when you renew your license by checking the appropriate box. In order to make your license active again, you must contact the Committee to request an application.


7. Can I reinstate my license if it has been expired for more then five years?
. Pursuant to New Jersey?s regulations, a person seeking reinstatement more than five years following the suspension of his/her license is required to complete the licensing examination required for initial licensure, pay delinquent renewal fees, as well as a reinstatement fee, and document all jobs held after the license was suspended.

Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Legal Statement | Accessibility Statement
NJ Home Logo
Divisional: ../DCA Home | ../Complaint Forms | Proposals | Adoptions | Contact DCA
Departmental: OAG Home | Contact OAG | About OAG | OAG News | OAG FAQs
Statewide: NJ Home | Services A to Z | Departments/Agencies | FAQs
Copyright State of New Jersey
This page is maintained by DCA. Comments/Questions: email

Page last modified: